3.08.2009

it won't stop rewinding!

This weekend was a pretty good one, I must say.  I've been pretty busy and I haven't really thought of updating, so I guess here it is.  I didn't get quite as much homework done as I wanted, specifically in English.  I definitely should have gotten a bunch of letters done for my Othello ABCs, but I only got one and three quarters done.  Oh well.  I'm thinking if worst comes to worst, I will do it on the eight hour plane ride to Germany and the eight hour ride back.  It's probably for the best that I spend that time away from my friends, or else we'll probably go crazy from being together and being so annoying.  Because really, that's the dynamics in our group; we annoy the heck out of each other to the point that it is absolutely hilarious.  Plus, nobody actually takes offence and it's all in good fun.  I'm just afraid that after eight hours of confined berating somebody's going to snap.  But anyways.  There is just so much English homework!  I should've read my book today so I can start on the pre-seminar, but alas, I didn't.  I guess I can do that in band .. hm.

Well enough about English and more about my weekend.  I kicked it off on Friday by going downtown with Mikalina to take photos to scrapbook for our German host families.  However, my film got messed up because I potentially screwed it all up when I forgot to take the camera off rewind when I was trying to figure it out.  Apparently I'm awesome with all technology, but when it comes down to a stupid analog camera I am an idiot.  Anyways, I think it might've run the battery when it kept rewinding, so it took a while for the camera to actually take pictures when I wanted to.  The sky was a perfect blue and the river was frozen to the point of beauty.  The Calgary Tower was magnificent against the blank sky.  The setting was just so perfect that I am praying that the pictures worked.  I'll have to wait until either Tuesday or Friday to find out.  Stupid Shoppers Drug Mart.  I then went home and worked on my homework.  That's two Fridays in a row!  

I worked all day Saturday, and it was pretty boring.  Sometimes I hate working at Golf Town because it's just not interesting anymore.  It's really easy work, and I'm terrible at holding conversations with my coworkers, even though they're all really friendly and nice.  I had to sell raffle tickets for band, and I wanted to sell them to customers but I got way too shy.  I hate asking people to buy things when I don't know them.  Instead, I asked all my coworkers and most of them agreed to buy one.  I sold all eight!  I was so happy.  I work with the nicest guys.  They even tried to convince Shawn (my manager) to buy one, but he wouldn't.  Ah well.  It felt pretty good.  I went home to a house that smelled like burnt crackers because my brother had put crackers and cheese in the microwave for two minutes, causing the plate to explode and the crackers to set on fire.  We watched Get Smart, had some good laughs, and then I went to bed because I was extremely tired and because of daylight savings.

Today Mikki and I got together to take more pictures.  First we went to North Hill Mall to get some Canadian stuff for our host families, and then we went to Shopper's to drop off my film.  It took forever to rewind, until we thought it jammed because it wouldn't move past sixteen.  Finally I opened up the camera to find that it was already rewound in a tightly packed cylinder.  Weird.  Mikalina put in a new roll of film for me, and it worked a couple of times and then it wouldn't.  I brought it in to Black's and he said that the motor was run out.  Side note:  when I got home, I tried to take another picture and it worked.  So my dad thinks that the batteries were just dying.  Luckily I brought my digital camera, which proved that it was superior in the fact that I can rely on it.  Mikki's mom drove us to the top of the COP hill, and it was so cold and windy!  My eyes teared up so badly because of the wind, and so I couldn't even see what I was taking a picture of.  We stayed up there for a total of one minute and then booked it and took pictures at the bottom of the hill.  After that, we went downtown and Mikki and I took pictures outside of the car windows as her mom drove us to Stephen Avenue.  We bought more Canadiana stuff, took more pictures outside the window, and then we parted ways.

I wish that the weekend would never end!  I got my progress report card on Friday and surprisingly, my best subject is English.  Totally weird.  I'm only getting 85 and 83 in math and chemistry, which is pretty disappointing.  It's because of that one stupid unit test!  And the fact that we have so many quizzes in math.  Everyone keeps telling me that things will get better.  Hopefully it does.  I'm praying that it does.

Nearly two weeks until I get on a plane and escape from this country!

listening to:  rise up in the dirt - voxtrot

No comments: