3.25.2008

guess i'm in love with the fucked up kid

I went out laser tagging yesterday with so many people I would normally not hang out with.  They're just not the sort of people I would hang out with.  But Aidan was  there, and Henry was there, and a couple other people I knew so it was alright.  While we were waiting for the first game to start, we played a bunch of the arcade games.  There was this weird game where you controlled a paddle that could spin and move around, and you tried to get the ball into the other person's goal by beating their set of paddles.  I lost.  Then there was this Percussion Master game, which I figured I would totally own Aidan at because, well, I'm a percussionist.  I got a C+ after "drumming" to "Hit Me Baby One More Time".  It was ridiculous.  But I still whooped Aidan.  We got to play three matches, and for the last one, Henry, Aidan, and I each grabbed a drum stick and each were in charge of one drum.  It was really fun, and we got the best score that way.  After that we played a gun game, and we were awesome at three of the missions, but failed the other three.  The helicopters were so hard to shoot down!  But anyways. 

After that we actually started playing laser tag.  Aidan, Henry, Hannah and I agreed to be on a team.  We were Starfox, and our code names were Fox, Frog, Falcon, and Falco, respectively.  Except when we got into the briefing room, the marshall told us that it was a solo game, and if she saw anyone teaming up, she'd separate them.  We teamed up anyways, for the first part but then we all got separated and I got owned.  Laser tag just isn't my thing, I guess.  I can never aim correctly!  

After two games of getting owned, we all went to Chinook for lunch.  We ate too much and then Henry and Hannah left to go around, so Aidan and I left.  The ride home on the c-train felt so much longer, but he said that it felt really short.  I caught the bus and found that my neighbour was taking it home too, and we all walked home together.  It was like elementary school all over again.

No comments: