3.08.2008

the northern lights were out the night we went to your house

The Northern Lights WERE out tonight! It was amazing! We saw them after we watched James Bond at Mikki's house, after we ate pizza and hung around her kitchen and tickled Megan. It was after Mikki, Megan, Gavin, and Kevin walked Amelia home. Abbey left a little after, and then Tess, Ciaran, Cailey and I decided to go find them. We gave each other piggyback rides, and when Cailey was posing by a ugly van, Tess ran in to get into the picture but slipped from the gravel. We tried to hide from the others but they ended up finding us anyways, and then Gavin hit me with Cailey's shoe and I ended up owning him because he didn't have any shoes on and Megan stopped in front of him, causing him major pain. We decided to go to the UES playground, and the whole while there, Gavin stole Megan's shoe and was trying to put it somewhere she couldn't get it, so that was going on. Eventually, Megan ran into Gavin's elbow and got a bloody nose. We all climbed on the awesome playground equipment, and when all of us (but Megan and Mikki) were on the spider web, Tess noticed that the Northern Lights were in the sky. It was amazing. We stayed up on the web, watching the lights dance and move all around before climbing down and running to the field.

When the lights disappeared, Gavin and Kevin decided to climb the wall, and so Cailey and I decided that we would too. I was way too enthusiastic, and didn't notice the ice on the slope, so I ended up wiping out pretty badly. My arm hurt a lot. Gavin helped me up onto the top of the wall, which was pretty cool. After, when I was getting back down, I was dangling from the wall when Kevin got a hold of my legs, so I thought I was okay and dropped. Well, Kevin moved my legs to the side, and the drop was from a lot higher than I thought, so I ended up wiping out again.

We hung out in Mikki's kitchen again, and Kevin wanted to pet her fish so we spent probably a solid 10 minutes watching him try. After a while he decided to use both hands, and to move off all the rocks and stuff, and he finally managed to touch the fish for a second. He then showed us his Ziploc bag of quarters, $78.75 worth. Tonight was a really good night.

No comments: