3.30.2008

watching the gray sky that's acting like a good guy

It's the last day of Spring Break, and I'm pretty happy about how the week went. I mean, my teeth kind of hurt a lot, but I did a lot of stuff. My mom even complained about how I'm never at home, which isn't true. I'm home for the majority of the time, I just always go out at night or something.

I went to see Beauty and the Beast with most of the pit band on Wednesday. We went out to Nick's first and it was a pleasant time. Ryley didn't show up until our food showed up, and Lindsay didn't know that we were having dinner together so she met up with us when we were done eating. We all took the train downtown, and at Maxbell Theatre I ran into Katie when I was leaving the washroom, except I hadn't finished her birthday card yet (it was her birthday that day). Then I ran into her grandma, who was really sweet and we chatted until Katie came back. We talked about how the parking lot was full. After, I ran into Ms. Fehres, which was weird. We headed to the actual theatre, and I was talking to Lindsay, and ran right into a little girl because, well, I was talking to Lindsay so I wasn't watching in front of me, especially not downwards. I'm not sure if her mom yelled at me or at the little girl, but I'm guessing that she was yelling at me. I really didn't mean it! That's the second time I ran into someone when I was talking to Lindsay. I'm going to have to be on alert for little kids for the rest of my life, seriously. I felt really bad about it. The girl started crying and everything.

The show itself was amazing. The effects and the way they did everything was so good, except when you've done the show itself, you find yourself thinking about how it would've been better if they did it the way you did it instead. I thought a lot like that during the whole show. I really liked the way our school put on the show.

We made a whole new song on Thursday at band practice, which was wicked. I really like that song, it works well altogether. We worked for like two hours before finally losing it and getting distracted. After that I headed to Justine's house, and Kim, Justine, and I watched Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella to kick off our Disney movie night. After that, Bonnie came and we had pizza and watched Pocahontas. In the middle of Pocahontas, Alyssa #1 showed up. We watched Everything is Illuminated, which isn't a Disney movie, but my sister had rented it and wanted it to be watched by someone. It was good, it was funny, and I'm trying to read the book again because the first time it was kind of complicated, and I think now I'll understand it. Alyssa #2 and Kaitlyn showed up near the end of the movie. We had left Kaitlyn a lot of messages. Bonnie's imitating Kim was the greatest. "Tee hee hee!"

Friday was Kevin's game/camping out night. It was just Gavin, Megan, Kevin and I for the first couple hours. We played Super Smash Bros Brawl and I got owned. Kevin told us after that you could smoke Pocky, so we went out to his backyard with a broken lighter and tried, but the lighter didn't work so Kevin got us two boxes of matches. Smoking the Pocky didn't really work, but it was fun lighting stuff on fire. I tried to climb onto Kevin's roof, with Gavin's help, but after it got too scary and there wasn't anything to hold on to, so we gave up on that. We headed back inside because it was cold, and Megan and Gavin taught us how to play Killer Bunnies, which is a really fun game. While we were playing, Kevin's other friends finally showed up. They pitched up their tent in the back, and it was way too small for all of them, but later we learned that it was actually for their beer. We taught some of his friends how to play Killer Bunnies, and had the slowest game ever. Especially when I wiped everyone's bunnies out with the black hole. We walked to the 7-11 to get fudgsicles, and then watched Hot Fuzz.

Yesterday I worked, and it has gotten pretty busy at Golf Town. I'm getting golf lessons, starting next week. Nic accidentally rang someone's $3000 purchase twice, so that messed up things a lot. Halfway through the day, I got a text from Gavin saying that he was having a hot tub party. Cailey, Megan, Cole, and I played fooseball. Cole and I got owned the first time, but the second time we had a major comeback and actually won the game. We then played table hockey, which was ridiculous. Then Kevin and Alex, one of his friends from yesterday, showed up and played pool, so Cailey, Megan, and I played Golf (the card game). Then we all played Bullshit, and then played President, where Megan was scum for most of the time. We finally went into the hot tub, which was fun. Kevin and Cole are really .. wow. We stayed in the tub for pretty much one and a half hours, until Alex, Cailey, and Megan decided to go for a run .. just like that. When they got back they said that they ended up not running because their feet hurt too much. After all of us left the hot tub, Megan and Alex stayed in, and they just sat there talking ... so that was interesting. I had to leave, but apparently they stayed in the hot tub together for a long time after.

I had another band practice today, we made up two new songs and now I have a demo tape. Cool.

listening to: my moon my man - feist

No comments: