12.23.2008

good times gonna come

It's become almost a chore to write in here, I must admit.  But I'm always so scared that I'm going to some day forget my life, and this just gives me those small reminders.  Sometimes, when I don't have anything to do, I'll go back and read the archives of this blog to remember things that happened.  

But anyways.  It's been really cold outside, but that doesn't stop my friends and I from going tobogganing, apparently.  Megan, Cailey, Kevin, Emily, Gavin, and I went out on Sunday to go to sledding after a lot of confusion caused by Mikki, about it being too cold and postponing.  We all showed up anyways, except for Mikki and Cailey, and even though it was kind of cold from the wind, we still stayed out for probably forty five minutes or so.  Our best run down was when Megan showed up, and we all went down in a train.  It was wicked.  On my last run down, Kevin pushed us when our feet weren't even off the snow, so I kept kicking up snow into my face.  By the time we were at the bottom, I was covered from head to toe in snow, my face was freezing and wet, and my left hand, which was exposed since it was still holding my camera, had lost feeling that wouldn't return for another fifteen minutes.  Kevin and I then went back to Cailey's house and played speed.  When everyone else came back, we drank chocolate milk and played big two before my dad picked me up, and my sister and I went to Market Mall to look for a gift for my mom.  

That night, I went out for dinner with my junior high friends because my friend from Chicago was back in town this week.  We went out for sushi, and it was a lot of fun laughing and remembering things that happened back in the day.  I spent a lot of money on food.  

Today I met up with them again for brunch at Nellie's.  Maggie and I had massive meals, so we ended up boxing all of our toast and Jade's pancake, and giving it to a homeless guy.  Brunch was so much fun.  I don't even really know what we talk about, but I'm always laughing and it's just like the old days.  We met up with Cecilia, and then went skating at the oval.  Which was pretty hilarious because Cecilia and Maggie don't really know how to skate.  There was only one wipeout, but it hurt Cecilia pretty badly.  We skated for probably forty minutes before we finally had to go.

I'm so happy that Jacqui's back in town, reuniting with those guys is always a blast.  We're going to have our traditional sleepover later this week, which should be premium.  Christmas is so soon!  I'm even excited for tomorrow, I think there is some excellent family bonding time in the forecast.

No comments: