12.14.2008

i hold my breath and disappear inside myself

It is freezing outside!  I am sitting on my couch beside the window that is not stopping the cold from coming in and so my feet are cold.  But I love the snow, and how it glitters in the light, and I just want it to keep snowing.  However, it's just sunny and freezing.  I worked Friday and Saturday, which was pretty decent because nobody wants to go out in the cold, so I got paid to do pretty much nothing.  I played Freecell and Hearts and Solitaire.  Practiced my putting a bit.  Went on Facebook.  

Friday after school I went out for lunch with Natalie and Kate, and that was really fun.  We were going to go to Mongolie Grill, but when we got there we found out that the Dalhousie location does not exist anymore.  That was pretty shocking.  But we ended up going to Boston Pizza, and Natalie got the most monstrous pasta.  

I'm really not talking in chronological order, but oh well.  Last night after work my dad took me to Superstore so I could get more canned stuffed for Aberhart's food drive.  While we were there, he showed me this camera that's not quite a DSLR, but it's almost.  It's DSLR shaped, and it has 12x zoom and it's 10.0 megapixels.  He asked me if I wanted it, and I told him that I'd research it and tell him later, because until midnight you could get double the GST off your purchase.  So we bought the food and went home, and I spent two hours or so watching Gossip Girl and looking up reviews and descriptions of the camera.  The more I read about it, the more I liked it.  It has so many extra features that my current camera doesn't have, like a sport function, or fireworks, or panorama!  So I decided that it was the only Christmas present that I wanted.  I mean, I wanted a DSLR, but I didn't want my parents to spend that much money on me (like if they would) so I didn't ask for it at all.  And this was pretty close, and I don't need all the manual functions anyways.  Plus it was pretty cheap.  I told my dad that I wanted it, so we headed out at 11:20 to go get the camera and then pick up my sister.  Except, when we got to Superstore, the electronics department was closed despite the fact the Superstore is supposed to be open for 24 hours.  The guy there told us that someone might be back at midnight, so we went to go pick up my sister and then went back.  Nobody was there, so my dad told me that he'd go this morning.  My sister went to buy some stuff, but the servers for the self checkout froze and so we were at Superstore much longer than we thought.  When we finally got that settled, we headed back home, and I stayed up until three  reading up about that camera and watching Gossip Girl.  I am completely up to date, and now I have to wait until January 5 to watch the next episode.  Which feels like so long, since I watched like two episodes a day.  

Since it is so freezing cold today, I'm just going to hole myself up in my house and catch up on some other TV shows I missed.  Hopefully my dad will come home with the camera.  Last night I had a dream that I was in Gossip Girl, and I was taking pictures with that camera.  It was a really weird jumble of events.

listening to:  two step - dave matthews band

No comments: