12.11.2008

so good when it ends, they'll never be friends

Who knew that one simple note could change so many things?  Today was an absolutely great day.  It was so unexpected the way things happened, but I'm so glad for the people I know and the things that did happen.  One small thing led to another, and now I can honestly say that at this moment I am happy.  Happy!

This morning, when tutorials were ending, Mikki told me that she had something for me, but we had to go outside to get it.  I thought she was going to start a snow fight with me, but instead she uncovered a small mound of snow.  Mikalina brought me a small carton of Dibs icecream.  I've never had someone do something nice for me as a surprise like that, and wow.  It just made me feel so grateful that she is my friend, and I am so glad I made the choice to tell her about what was going on with my life right now.  Help was something so hard to ask for, but it was something I needed.

Both of us were late for chemistry.  I forgot that our class switched rooms with another, so at first I almost walked into a classroom full of people I did not know.  Tori and Nancy "assigned" me a seat by writing Seto on the piece of tape on the desk between them.  The classroom we were in was funny and strange, with its obsessive pattern of three and bright lights.  I shared the dibs with my friends, and Tori and I had some pretty ridiculous moments.  It was probably because we were all sitting beside each other.  

When I was telling Cailey about my morning, she told me that she hadn't seen me this happy in about a month.  We joked and talked and made plans for the weekend.  I couldn't stop laughing and smiling.  During band after school, I walked into the band room to see Jordan and Bronwyn toilet-papering Natalie.  So of course I joined in.  My stomach hurt from laughing so hard.  I always enjoy band, and playing the timpani and wind chimes.  I liked today.

I hope this feeling lasts.

No comments: