2.28.2008

god that was strange to see you again

Guys With Ties should be named Guys With Skill. Well, I guess that's a given. Gavin and I went down to the Beat Niq last night to go watch them play, and wow. The amount of talent on that stage blew me away. Their original compositions were awesome, and watching each of them play individually and together was cool. Ryley, you gave me my money's worth.

Not a lot happened today. We signed up for our courses for next year, and it made me feel a bit uneasy. What if I regret all of the courses I chose? I guess I can get things changed around. My math test the next period felt weird, some numerical I had no idea how to do, and it made me run out of time and so I had to rush through my last two questions. Not great at all.

During lunch, I ate in the band room with Aidan, Henry, Andrea, and some other people I don't like as much but I ignore them, so it's all okay. I was eating my spaghetti in a weird way, where I'd tip my head sideways and eat the noodles from the side, so I wouldn't get sauce all over my face, and apparently it looked very amusing so Aidan and Henry watched me eat and laughed every time. The past two lunches have been pretty funny. Yesterday we played with a broken stand, and we thought of a bunch of other uses it could have; pork rack, torture device, umbrella, tent, artificial leg, limbo stick, limbo stick of doom .. ha it made me laugh.

During band, we didn't have to play and instead we listened to our performance recording. The adjudicator made many strange comments, and said "bravo" a lot. During the non-comment performance, we sang along and sounded very bad. But anyways. Tamara and I engaged in another fight, except I tickled her a lot. After we calmed down, Sam pinned her down and I tickled her again to the point where she screamed brutally loud and made everyone stop and look at us. Then, she stated that it was good that we didn't know her secret ticklish spot, and at that Sam and Ramon went looking for it. Ramon found it: her neck. She went into such spasms, and Sam kept pretending to go for her neck so she went really paranoid, and ran away from us whenever we lifted our arm. It was ridiculous. My stomach hurt from laughing.

I think my English visual project may be done. Hopefully Mr. McMillan approves of it, or I will be very sad. One, because I worked pretty hard on my drawing, and two, if he shuts it down, I will have absolutely no idea how to symbolize a conflict or theme from Huckleberry Finn.

Speaking of which, I have a reading quiz tomorrow. I guess I should read some Sparknotes.

listening to: ageless beauty - stars

No comments: