1.24.2010

what happens when you die?!

Because classes and classes of science have told me that nothing disappears. Where do all of your thoughts and memories and feelings go when your brain stops? Who are you after you're dead? You're just a body, you're just a statistic. You are only a physical reminder of who you used to be.

I think that is the one thing that scares me about dying.. not having any more thoughts. Thinking is all that I do! I think that is the only reason I write this blog, because if I didn't and I died, nobody would know who I was.

listening to: red sun no. 5 - owen pallett

4 comments:

Heather Adams said...

We're talking a lot about death in my philosophy class. I think it's going to make me crazy rather than teach me anything. Such scary notions.

Unknown said...

I always think that I wouldn't mind dying, but then I realize that everything that happens in my mind will just stop ... and that freaks me out a lot.

Heather Adams said...

I know.
I really hope that isn't what happens.
I don't want...nothingness.

allison said...

I want to be a ghost when I die and just haunt the shit out of everything.
Or be reincarnated, I think it would be neat to be inanimate. TV in real life!