6.28.2008

i got shot right in the eye

  1. Times I have seen members of The Neighbourhood Council: seven; times I have talked to a member of The Neighbourhood Council: one! I somehow ended up sitting next to Katie at the Chad VanGaalen show, and we chatted it up a bit. She is cool.
  2. After Chad VanGaalen finished playing, as I was leaving the Discovery Dome, he waved and said hi to me. I waved back.
  3. Going down the stairs in the Science Center, I walked beside the front singer of Young and Sexy, and told him I liked his set. He said thanks.
  4. Walking across the street to my dad's car, the drummer from Young and Sexy waves to me.
  5. After Tegan and Sara finish playing the mainstage, Mike, Kirstin, and I go to the backstage area and wait a bit because Tegan and Sara are seriously three feet in front of us. After waiting for a little while, Tegan/Sara comes up to us and says hi, and apologizes because she is going to go greet her family members. I give her a high five, even though it's a bit feeble.
  6. Before the Neighbourhood Council plays, my sister introduces me to Mark Hamilton.
  7. After Broken Social Scene plays, I go with my younger sister to look at the merchandise, only to find out that she has no money. I have no idea where Mike or Kirstin went, so after meeting up with my dad, I run backstage to see if they are there. Instead, I see Andrew Whiteman. I tell him I loved his show, and that I jumped from another show just to see it. He asks for my name, and he introduces himself, even though I know who he is. He shakes my hand.
  8. I keep running further to see if Mike or Kirstin are there, but they are not. As I'm coming back, I see Kevin Drew and so I wait for him to finish talking to somebody else. I tell him I loved their show (yeah I know, I'm so original), and he thanks me. He goes to shake my hand, but I ask for a high five instead. We kind of miss on the first try, so we do it a second time. It's solid.
  9. As I'm continuing on my way back to my dad, I see Brendan Canning and I stop to say hi. He compliments my shirt (I was wearing my Islands one), and I tell him that I would've bought one of theirs, but I had no money. He says, "awe, well give me a hug, honey" and so I do. It was a nice hug. I say goodbye and I run off.

No comments: