5.25.2008

i don't care about anything but you

I had fun last night, I enjoy times when I'm with a group of people and all we do is sit around a table and just talk. Not like the murder mystery wasn't fun, but it got really elaborate and I was a bit tired. But anyways. Most times I don't feel left out, and I feel so comfortable around my friends, but then there's the odd time where I feel really left out, because I can't talk about anything when everyone's discussing teachers and memories they had at their old junior high, where they all went and that's how they all know each other. It's fun to listen to all their stories, but it's at those moments when I realize that it's not quite all the same. I'm never going to be able to sit there and say, "yeah, remember when we did this?" I could do that with my old friends, but I don't want to. And if I were to talk to them now, that's not what we would talk about, because that's not what we do; we joke around, and stay in the shallow area where nothing really gets discovered. And right now, when there are so many people to spend time with, it's harder and harder to stand still and create something. It's difficult to remember things now that every thing's going so fast, and so thank goodness for cameras and tape recorders.

No comments: