5.16.2008

it must be, it must be awfully nice living in paradise on earth

You know what's nice? Being stuck with amazing people for an entire evening. That was what it was like on Wednesday. Jessica was missing America's Next Top Model, so we spent the entire evening taking model pictures. I love Brittany, and how extremely funny she can be. After Brittany went to go talk to some other people about something, I finally found Cole and Gavin, and Cailey, Mikki, Megan, and Cole and Gavin dumped Megan into a garbage pit. We took model pictures outside, and they came out really nice because it was quite perfect day outside, and the sun was brilliant and it was very comfortable being there. "Mikki, you're not supposed to smile when we do Blood!" "Unless it's like Blood .. It's in you to give!" I had to head back in to get ready for wind ensemble, and ran into Brittany, and we went to go look for Jessica. We found Jessica and others practicing for choir, but regardless we managed to get Jessica to take more model pictures (it wasn't that hard, actually) on the stairs. Then we decided to take pictures by the elevator, which led to jumping pictures, which are exceptionally sweet. Then Jessica left for some reason, and then Morgan decided that she wanted to take some jumping pictures. After we asked Steve to take some of us three, but he never got the timing right so instead we got a lot of pictures of us preparing to jump. It was so funny I almost peed my pants, seriously. After that, I had to go warm up for wind ensemble, and I got to listen to them fail at memorizing their songs, and I left to go hang out with Brittany some more. Our performances weren't bad. The lights were really bright! We got to ride the riser down from choir, and somebody fell so we all laughed, even though we were supposed to be very quiet.

Our first song in choir after intermission was incredibly brutal. We definitely butchered that one, everyone forgot their parts and we ended up singing the guys part, and we faltered and it was just bad. Luckily we had Hairspray after, except I definitely made myself look like a tool because the keyboard wasn't plugged in and everybody had to wait for it, man. The symphonic band sounded pretty tight. I didn't really mess up my part in Blue Shades! And apparently I'm hilarious to watch, because I have to run around in the back of the stage, and I probably look like such a dork because I'm wearing high heels, so I have to pretty much prance around so I don't make too much sound. "Goodbye Earl" was really fun, Casey sang really loudly beside me. After the concert was over, I hung out with Brittany some more in the change room, and took a really awesome picture of Rebecca being a ninja cat, which is always awesome. I didn't get home until midnight that night because we had to go back to the school and unload all of the percussion stuff, which is never awesome. What are we going to do next year without Erik?

On Thursday Ms. Fehres didn't show up at class, so, being the AP students we are, we stayed in the classroom for half an hour doing nothing even though the sub we were supposed to have did not show up at all. And then we decided to make up our own schedule for bio, which was quite funny. The lab tech kept coming in, and when she saw the schedule, she laughed. It was a lot nicer than what Ms. Fehres had planned for us. But anyways. Later, Mr. Doak came in and decided that he would give us work to do, but at that moment the lab tech came back in and told us that we could all go, which was extremely sweet because it meant a week without bio, and no bio homework. Kaitlyn, Kim and I went to Starbucks in Kaitlyn's Hummer, and I finished my math homework there. We then headed back, and found Bonnie, Tim, and both Alyssas in the field. Math was decent, although Cassandra wasn't there because she's sick. In chemistry, we had a super boring class. Katie, Aidan, Kim, and I had a bet on how many people would not show up, and Kim won with seven. Only because in the middle of class, Mason, who sits in the front row, walked right out of the class with all of his stuff while Ms. Manoj was writing something on the bored. And she didn't even notice. That was definitely a class bonding moment, because everybody laughed and looked at each other, like God this teacher is super dumb! Yeah, that kind of bonding moment. In English we had a massive discussion, and I would've rather have band that day. Actually, I'd want band any day.

Today I went golfing, like actually golfing for the first time. Well, I only played two holes. But I was really happy about it, I'm hitting the ball a lot better, and this season is going to be a good season! I can't wait for Sunday! I am so in love with The Neighbourhood Council! What a talented bunch.

No comments: