11.17.2008

i hope that he keeps you up for weeks like you did to me

I had a really vivid dream last night that I actually thought was real, except for some unknown reason I woke up and of course I never got to finish it.  Anyways, it was three in the morning at that time, and I decided to type it all out on my iPod so I wouldn't forget it.  So, here it is, transcribed by my half-awake mind:

"The whole dream takes place at night.  I am home alone in my house, in my mom's room when some random boy comes in with a bunch of plates.  We both hide beside a drawer against the wall.  A police officer comes in and searches, the kid moves from the drawer to under the side of the bed opposite the officer.  The officer looks under there and catches him.  We both book it.  For some reason the officer just stays there.

I'm hanging out outisde when I run into Cole.  He's going to play a school soccer game so I tell him I'll come watch.  He's practicing his kick from a long ways away while I eat my dinner.  I wash all of my plates and put them in a random rack by a house.  Cole is kicking the ball into a tree.  He comes by to get the ball, and his friend comes by and tells him he's kicking really well.   Warren Chong suddenly opens the door of the house and sees the plates.  He's really angry and he tries to find out who did it.  I grab the plates and Cole and I run inside and into a bedroom exactly like my mom's.  We both hide beside the drawer.  He comes into the room and I move to the side of the bed opposite from him.  Warren goes and looks under the bed.  I try to get up so I'm kneeling and my head isn't under the bed but he sees my legs.  Cole and I book it and for some reason Warren stays where he is.  (For some odd reason, Cole is narrating what we are doing from this moment.)  We run outside, down the street in the shadow of the trees because now the cops are after us too.  We make it down and around the corener, where his house is.  The plates mysteriously disappear.  Tamara (who, for another strange reason, is his girlfriend) drives by in a small tan car her dad is driving, because they're picking Cole up to go to the game.  I sit in the back and Cole sits up with her dad.  I introduce myself to her dad, and he tries to introduce me to Cole, although we already know each other.  Cole informs him of this by saying, "well, if I didn't know her, we wouldn't own a car together!"  There is a huge rose in the front, with the flower part cut off, from Cole.  Tamara has the flower part.  The stem is like a tree branch.  Out of nowhere, Cole gives Tamara a normal size rose.  He also pulls out a plate of tiny cut sausages and offers them to everyone.  I think about the fact that this is the craziest night of my year."

I had another dream after that one, but I didn't write it down and I wish I did.  All I can remember is that it had something to do with a c-train, and my older sister crossing the tracks to get something and stopping the train in order to cross back.

No comments: