1.21.2008

if i were to make a movie it would have great special effects

I hung out with Nick today, which was pretty decent. It wasn't really awkward or anything despite the fact that we don't really talk to each other that often, other than one time? But anyways. We walked to Eau Claire from Centre Street station, and when we were walking towards the lights he accidentally bumped a guy with crutches and the guy got so mad at him. He just turned around and started yelling at Nick. "Come back here so I can knock you over!" Which was funny because Nick said that the guy pretty much stuck his shoulder out. It was a good thing the light turned green. And that the guy was on crutches.

It was really cold walking, and we even took the long way thanks to my stupidity. When we got to Eau Claire, we found out that the theatre was closed and there wasn't any signs or anything explaining why. So, had to walk back to the c-train and ride a crowded train to Chinook. We went to HMV and managed to get the last copy of He Poos Clouds for his dad, and so we thought that things were looking up for us. Wrong.

I haven't seen Juno yet, but he's seen it, but he was willing to see it again because apparently it's just that good. So we headed up to the theatre, hoping that the next show time would be soon, but it turned out to be at 7:20. And it was 4:40. We had missed the last time by about a good hour, so we decided we'd just watch another movie. He had talked about Cloverfield when we were taking the train, and so we figured we'd watch that movie, because it was the only one playing within the next half hour. So we go to buy tickets, and the guy is like, "do you get motion sickness?" and I'm like "no ..." And he just goes on saying that if you don't feel good, to get out of the theatre, and that nobody would look down on us if we went out, so it seemed kind of sketchy. Then we go to the arcade place to kill some time, and all over there are signs like "Cloverfield is filmed by hand camera, do not watch if you get motion sickness" and we're like errr ok. We played two games of air hockey and I beat him twice, which was fun.

The movie itself was pretty good. It made me feel kind of sick, my head hurt from the camera work but luckily my mom called me about forty minutes in or something and I left to talk and clear my head. And, I missed a really scary moment which was good for me. I'm definitely not a scary movie kind of person. I've never watched one in theatres, and this one was intense. I actually screamed near the end, not the kind of high pitched scream, but I screamed. They drag on the suspense for so long that every time I heard a loud noise or anything, I'd get nervous. Ahh but I liked it. I kind of instinctively leaned towards Nick while I was covering my eyes, and even he was shaking. Soooo.

After I got into my mom's car and said goodbye to him, we drove my sister's friend home. As soon as she got out of the car, my mom asked me if he was my boyfriend. And I laughed. Then my sister went on about how whenever I talk to a guy, I always walk slow, even though she's only seen me talk to two guys. And one was Aidan. Uh so yeah. I don't think I walked slow with Nick ..

No comments: