7.09.2007

maybe we can last just a little longer

My sleeping habits are so strange. Sometimes when I go to sleep, I have to wait at least an hour before I finally fall asleep. While I'm sleeping, it feels as if I'm still awake. Then, something in my mind screams at me to wake up, so I do. One or two hours too early. Sometimes I enjoy the fact that I woke up early, because it means that I can go back to sleep. It's like ... "Yeah, it's only 5:00, so I can sleep for three more hours!" God, I'm so messed up.

That's what happened to me last night. I was listening to a CD, just waiting to fall asleep. I really hate that ... having to wait. I'm a very impatient person. I woke up at 6:56 today, but unfortunately, I didn't get to fall back asleep because I supposed to play a practice round of golf with my friend before my tournament tomorrow, and the golf course was an hour and a half away, and our tee time was at 9:30.

So as we're heading down to High River, the weather takes a turn for the worse, and it gets really windy and stormy. By the time we get to my friend's house (whose name, incidentally, is also Allison), the wind is super strong, and it's raining, and it's really cold. From her house it's half an hour to the golf course, so we watched the weather turn more and more depressing as we drove.

We ended up not playing. The plan was for my dad to drop us off, us to play our round, get driven back to Allison's house by one of her golf mates' mom, then I take the C-Train home. Instead, we sat in the lounge for an hour. The girl and her mom, was supposed to drive us home, decided that they wouldn't play so they left right away. We were still deciding if we wanted to tough it out. But it was really, really windy. Two girls we knew came in after playing nine holes, and they told us that it was really cold. That's when we decided to go home.

The funny thing, though, is that as I rode the C-Train home, the weather got a lot better. In fact, three or four stops later, it was sunny. I 'm suspecting that karma was punishing me for missing that soccer game. WHY do I have to feel so guilty about it?

Anyways, now I'm sitting at home with nothing to do. And I know that tomorrow is going to suck, because my golf game has been terrible and because I didn't golf today, it's going to suffer even more. Oh, well. Did you know that the golf scene is pretty cool? There are so few girls (like maybe 30 at the most), that you basically get to know everyone. Even if they don't really know you. Golf is kind of like high school; you always want to have the best equipment, golf clothes, but most of all, you want to have the best scores. Then you want to sit with the people with the best stuff at the awards ceremonies and dinners, but you can't really because you aren't one of the best. Did you know that the better your scores are, the cooler you seem to everyone else? It's true.

listening to: honey honey - feist

No comments: