7.27.2007

release the stars

Wow, yesterday was fun! I was on plate recycling for the most part of the day. They put me at the hospitality tent, which was badge access only. It was a really easy job; people gave me two bucks, and they'd get their own plate. The best part, though, is that performers would eat at the hospitality tent too, so I got to briefly meet with Rufus Wainwright and his band, The Cape May, someone from Neko Case's band, someone from the Squirrel Nut Zippers, and a whole lot of other people. Oh, and I got an autograph from Dallas Green while they were just sitting in the tent, because I was accompanying a girl who did want his autograph. And Leah Miller's. She's actually nicer than on air. But yeah, it was weird because I didn't even ask for an autograph, and I don't even listen to City And Colour. Anyways.

I managed to get off in time to watch Rufus Wainwright. That guy was awesome to listen to. It was kind of weird, though, because during sound check when he'd talk, his voice was pretty high, but then he sings and it's a low, full song. It's beautiful, anyways. He's really nice; he waved and smiled at me during plate recycling. Ha, I actually like the fact that I was on shift today. At first I wasn't really digging it, because the hospitality tent is way aways from the main stage, whereas the main recycling plate tent was right at the back of the main stage. It was all worth it. Oh, and The Cape May and I after they returned their plates:

"Bastards!"
"Err ... yeah. Well, I can't wait to see you -" (they start walking away)
"Oh, what? Yeah, you can't wait to see us ... LEAVE!"
And then they left.

I didn't get much sleep last night. For some reason, my mind just wouldn't stop thinking, so every time I tried to fall asleep, something would pop into my head. My younger sister and I finally just went downstairs and watched TV for a while. Then I decided to finish reading Harry Potter. I didn't go to bed until 5:00.

I really hope three hours will be good to function on today. Seeing as I'm going to be out in the heat for most of the day. Ugh. I definitely won't want to crash during Neko Case!

No comments: