7.28.2007

and his massive genitals refused to cooperate

I got to Folk Fest at 1:30 to see Final Fantasy. Even though I went alone today, it was really good. Actually, I prefer going alone,because then you can do whatever you want, when you want, or see whoever you want without worrying if the other person doesn't want to be there. Also, then you can hang around the stage, waiting for an autograph, without having to tell someone what you're doing. Because THAT'S WHAT I DID!!!

The first workshop Final Fantasy was in was with two other groups. I didn't really like the other two groups, but Owen was super good. God I love his violin playing! He played along with the other bands, but you couldn't really hear him playing unless he got solos. Luckily, he had a solo in pretty much every song. I think he played three songs or so. He covered a Mariah Carey song!!!! It was awesome. After he finished, this guy and I were first to wait by the stage, where he was before. After we chatted it up a bit, Owen came and he signed my notepad for me. He is such a nice guy!!

After that workshop, I headed to Stage 2 to go see Final Fantasy ... again. I managed to see the end of Nathan's concert, and they sounded awesome. The Cape May was pretty ok. I didn't really like their song that much. Elini Mandell played a really good song. Final Fantasy played a song he played yesterday, but it was still really good. I had to leave after that to catch Neko's workshop.

I never heard The Sadies before today, but now that I've heard them, I have to get into them more. I loved their songs! Neko was great; she played three songs, and sang along with The Sadies and Good Brothers. I got a spot right up at the front, so the pictures I took of her today are much better than the ones we took last night.

After she finished the workshop, I waited around, hoping for another autograph. Twice she came out right in front of me, to grab her guitars and cords, but I was way to nervous to ask her for an autograph. Instead, I just stood there, hoping that she could read my mind. The last time she came back out on stage to grab her last two guitars, I almost called out but then just watched her walk away. A man standing next to me suddenly said, "you missed your chance!" I could feel my heart drop in my chest. Regardless, I stayed by the stage, hoping that maybe she would come back.

Another lady was there, hoping for Neko's autograph too. She asked the security and the volunteers if they could get her to sign for her, but they simply said "Neko said she wasn't signing." My heart sank even lower. I kept waiting, though. The lady walked away.

A volunteer on the stage caught my eye after. "Are you waiting for Neko?" she asked me, in the nicest voice. I nodded. "I'll go get her for you." She then walked back to where Neko was, but she was busy signing cheques, so the volunteer kept waiting. I just waited, praying that I would get the autograph. The volunteer then talked to this other guy, who walked up to me and said, "I can get you Neko's autograph for you." Oh my god. He took my notepad and pen and walked up to Neko. After a couple minutes, he came back to me and said, "it's a good one!" It was. I was so, so happy that I forgot my water bottle on the stage.

I made it all the way back to the volunteer area before realizing I had left the bottle. I raced back towards the stage, but it was really busy. And as I stood by the vendor where yesterday Heather bought her deep fried chocolate bar, I saw Neko Case. She was wearing a hat and sunglasses and a backpack, and at any other time I would never had recognize her, but I had seen her put it on while I was waiting. I walked up to her and I totally mumbled all this stuff, like thanks for signing my notepad, I really love your music. She was super nice. I talked to her for like thirty seconds, though, because then she had to grab another plate of poutine, and I didn't want to be a jerk and just blabber on. So I just kept walking towards the stage.

I also got Nathan's autographs! The lead singer recognized me from plate recycling, and when I was returning my plate after dinner she recognized me again. Performers are so nice! I can't believe how lucky I was today, and how everything turned out so great. I'm just disappointed that I can't watch Final Fantasy's actual concert tomorrow. However, I am getting my hair cut!

TODAY WAS SO EXCELLENT!

No comments: