9.07.2007

i swear i'll make you forget all the rest

I actually feel like a loser for posting so many entries in one day, but I just can't stop. Sorry about the pointless things I've been saying.

You know what I don't like about the phone? How you can never know if the person on the other line will pick up or not. Or if they actually want to talk to you, and not just being polite. I hate the feeling of wasting their time when I call, because I know that when I talk on the phone, I can't do other things at the same time. I also can't stay in the same room when I'm on the phone. I always have to move around. Anyways. I don't like the awkward silences, when you're trying to think of things to say, and I don't like not knowing when the other person is going to talk, and so you end up interrupting what could have been something brilliant by saying the most unwitting, dumbest thing ever. When I was in junior high, I used to try to talk to one friend on the phone. At first, we would talk for long periods of time. After that, we kind of ran out of things to say. And then later, whenever I called her, she always said she was busy. I hate calling people when they are busy, and then your hopes of having a stimulating conversation are dashed.

One evening Heather called me, and I was actually trying to study biology because the unit test was the next day. I walked through every room in my house talking to her. And it was a really good conversation. One of those kinds where the words just roll off your tongue, and you don't even need to think about it. It was like a good song, where maybe you don't know all of the words, but you can remember the melody and the way it went, and that really happy feeling that inflates in your chest.

I kind of like phone calls.

listening to: lion's jaws - neko case

No comments: