9.30.2007

the love that they grew in the summer froze

Feist! I am listening to her performance on a radio show from Friday. I like Feist. A lot. My sister calls it a "lady crush", but so what? Why is it a bad thing to truly appreciate an artist's talent? But anyways.

I am a bit embarrassed to say that I didn't get into Feist until last March, when my younger sister asked me to go to her concert with her, and I reluctantly agreed. I gave Feist a listen so that I knew what I would expect when I went to the concert, and man, I fell in love with the songs. It was all I listened to, non-stop, for many, many weeks. And then The Reminder came out, and it was brilliant.

I am very glad I went to this concert.
Before that, I had only really listened to Mushaboom. I remember this one night, when my older sister and I were walking in the night to go take a look at a dead rabbit on the road, we discussed that song and sang it along the way.

Going to this concert also got me into Chad VanGaalen.

listening to: 1 2 3 4 - feist

No comments: