9.19.2007

it's wrong to want more than a folk song

Today was a good day in such surprising ways. It's not like the whole day was overall great, but everything little just built up, and I'm happy today.

Dark Harvest is a terrible movie. I mean really, really terrible. I want to burn my eyes with cyanide after watching that. But it was fun watching with Jocelyne. It was just so horrendous, we laughed through the entire thing. Especially the Christmas-light eyes that were supposed to be scary. As if.

The only productive thing I ever do in social studies is write Abbey notes. Seriously. I could probably learn more just reading the text book than being in class. We have to make newspapers dated in the time of the French Revolution as groups, and I have to do the editorial. I only actually like one person in my group, too. Jesus Christ, social studies sucks.

Biology was pretty good today, aside from the test. Which, actually, I didn't find too bad. I don't feel like doing any homework today, even though I know I should. Thanks for the playlist, Heather!

Cross country was even pretty good, too. I didn't walk at all, and I didn't come in last! Even though I had the worst cramp in my stomach, and my arms were really cold, and my legs were so tired! Grace was so nice, and she is so modest! Congrats with first! And thanks for walking me back to the school, it was nice. I like talking to Grace. She is the nicest person I know!

Even the really small things were brilliant today. Like both notes Abbey gave me. And when Natalie told me that I had nice writing. And when I talked to Cailey for a minute before class started. And walking to the C-Train station with Heather. And talking to Jen for the first time in a long time, and having an actual conversation. And Grace's sister telling me that I did good, even though I came in 96th and she came in first. It seems like every day is like this. It just depends on how many trivial things happen.

No comments: