9.04.2007

that's what i said, it's not what i mean

I didn't get my courses changed today, I have to wait until they "call us by groups". But that meant that I was at the school thee hours too early, and I didn't feel like going home, so I went for a walk. To Kensington. From the school. It killed a lot of time, but the shoes I was wearing weren't good for walking, and my feet hurt a lot now. It was nice to be alone, with just my music. Actually, I'm alone most of the time, but it still felt good. Self confidence is definitely something I lack, and I decided that I am going to try to give myself more credit. Because right now I'm just hurting myself, and it's just really stupid and immature.

It was really nice to see everyone again, although I didn't get to talk to some people I wanted to talk to. My locker is on the first floor this year, which is a plus, and my friends' locker is on the second, and that's a plus too because then I can use it whenever I need to catch the bus. Which, I guess, is every day. I skipped out on cross country today, but my friend said that the actual practice was tomorrow, which is good because my feet weren't up for running (see above). I went to Starbucks with Andrea and some of my other friends, and Andrea bought me a lemonade, which was really nice. And, she walked with me back to the school! I had a lot of fun talking with her. I feel guilty about not being able to go to her Calaway Park shows.

I got back to the school for the CALM meeting, and it turned out that it was only for semester one CALM, and that sucked. It would have been a lot better if I didn't have to waste the two and a half hours. I could have talked to more people! Or hang out somewhere! Or go back home! But that's OK.

My family and I are going out for dinner tonight, and my sister has to go to soccer practice during, so she's in a fuss. She's complaining about how the food is going to be all cold by the time she gets there. I figure it won't be that bad; we could eat all of the food before she gets to the restaurant, and that's what she should be worrying about. We're going out because my birthday is soon. Did I mention that my birthday is on Thursday?

listening to: samson - regina spektor

No comments: