9.07.2007

take me to the riot

"Bus Ride to School:
Non-emotion inducing - Books in tow, I board the bus. My fare clacks against the walls of the deposit box. I move my way over to a vacant seat and sit down. The buys continues its route, only stopping for new patrons, young and old. The bus comes to a sudden halt, and I step out of the bus. My day has begun.

Emotion inducing - Uneasily clutching my books to my chest, I board the bus. My face turns into a grimace as I get a whiff of the stale nachos and sweaty armpits. My fare clacks against the walls of the deposit box, which is as empty as my soul. The bus driver gives me a curt 'hello', but he doesn't mean it. Nobody means anything anymore, especially when their words are directed towards me. A single tear rolls down my cheek, landing on my swollen lips. I lick it, and I revel in the taste of my tear. I saunter towards the back of the bus, tripping over some idiot's feet. Why me? Can't they keep their feet to themselves? I sit alone. I grab my pocket knife and run the blade over my skin. A drop of blood falls to the floor. A slight smile graces my lips. That one beautiful drop of blood is a reminder that I am still living. The bus continues on its route, stopping only for patrons to board. As the bus fills, I find myself feeling more alone. I watch as a few preppy girls giggle joyously, and I have never before had such a strong desire to turn into a vampire, biting their necks with my fangs, just to suck the blood out of them and bring them over to the dark side. The lonely side. My side. The bus came to a halt, it was time for school. I sighed when I remembered that they do not teach anything useful in school, like Wicca or something to do with the occult, but instead teach calculus and physics. Interrupting my train of thought, the bane of my existence, a jock pushes me to the ground. My day has begun."

The best part is how I think my sister thinks this is totally serious.

Anyways, today was a pretty great day, I guess I should actually talk about it. Fridays are definitely going to be great. I hung out with Jocelyne during spare, because we both came in twenty minutes early for English. English was pretty much a blast, even though some kids in that class are douches. During lunch Jocelyne and I thought of more ridiculous ideas to make our English work even more melodramatic. Although we accomplished that, I didn't get to eat any of my lunch.

Bio was pretty good, the lab was pretty cool. Until Heather took my eraser. HOW DARE SHE?!?! No, I'm kidding. It was fun. "The slide looks pretty fishy". Yup.

I didn't die during cross country, and that was the only good thing about it. It was cold, and since I didn't eat any lunch my stomach hurt the entire time. Grace was nice enough to run with me again. I'm 98% sure she was running a lot slower than she normally would so then I wouldn't end up collapsing. Thanks, Grace.

No comments: